Thursday, September 20, 2007

Latest American Apparel model looks an AWFUL lot like Lindsay Dee Lohan, no?



Right down to the nip slip! (click ad)
Could this finally be a...strategy emerging from the unimaginative L.A. clothing empire? Look-A-Likes! Hmm, let's look through the archive. Well, Miss Ass Crack here looks quite a bit like a grown-up Emma Watson—Hermione from the Harry Potter movies. Bring her back for another shoot, and put a witch hat on her! You guys seem to have a major Jones for the Asian girls. So, just find a Lucy Lui dopplegänger. Should be a piece of cake in SoCal. Let's see, who else? Well, I'm not quite sure who she looks like. That orgasm face makes her a tough read. But anyway, you've got the i-dear. Get out there and find yourselves a Britney/Paris/Nicole, AAers. Run with it! It's a concept with legs! No no, you take all the credit!
(ad scanned from the back of this week's Onion, which also features a humorous front-page AA piece.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no

6:23 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I LOVE a heated argument!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm challenging your Miss Ass Crack here - I'm sayin she's a dead ringer for Anna Paquin.

9:31 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I can see that, I can see that.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking more like Minnie Driver. What is the model's name?

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A prepubescent Yoko in this AA online ad?

American Apparel online ad 300x250

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsay is prettier and shows her boobs on the red carpet (excuse the pun)in a gorgeous gown. Not some lame-ass hipster posing for some greasy guy.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Arnie DiGeorge said...

I'm sure they ask for those types when they cast. You know, "I want a Lindsey, a Lucy Lui and a mixture of Emma Watson and that new account executive." Aren't these Amer. App., clothes all fairly boring since they are made my Americans. They need these girls to make this crap look sexy. I remember one store where they had a girl in the underwear dancing in the window. I still didn't buy anything.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home